ADOLESCENT WEEK CELEBRATIONS
ADOLESCENT WEEK CELEBRATIONS IN DR.PINNAMANENI SIDDHARTHA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH FOUNDATION
The paediatric department of DR PSIMS&RF in collaboration with Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Krishna district chapter has conducted adolescent week celebrations from 13-11-17 to 20-11-17.
- Goal of adolescent week : Every IAPian – Adolescent Ambassador
- 40 Parents and adolescents participated in this program
Activities done in the program are:
- Awareness about physical changes of an adolescent
- Awareness about mental changes of an adolescent
- Awareness about vaccination and education during adolescence
Doctors participated in the awareness program are Dr. Ch. Ravi kumar (Professor and Head); Dr. CSN Vittal (Associate professor); Dr. Sandhya Dasari (Asst. Professor) and Postgraduates of Paediatrics Department.
To promote the adolescent health in the spirit of adolescent week concept of IAP the paediatric department of DR PSIMS&RF conducted research project on adolescent health in relation to overweight, obesity, hypertension of urban and rural children of surroundings of DR PSIMS&RF. The principal investigator of this project is DR. BHIMANA VAISHNAVI, the paediatric resident of DR PSIMS&RF.