DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY AND RENAL TRANSPLANTATION
- The Department of Urology was started in the year of 2010
- The M.Ch. Urology Course was started in the year of 2017
- Uptake- Two students for every academic year through NEET
PROFESSOR U.SURYA KUMARI MD, DGO, M.Ch (Urology)
PROFESSOR & HOD
She has a vast experience of over 25 years in the field of Urology & Uro-Gynaecology. She worked at various levels in Government of Andhra Pradesh as Superintendent, Government General Hospital, Guntur and as Vice Principal at Guntur Medical College.
Dr.D.SREEDHAR, M.S, M.Ch (Urology)
He worked as Assistant Professor at St.Johns Medical College, Bangalore, trained at Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), Mumbai in Uro-Oncology. He was performing all sub specialities in Urology including Renal Transplantation.
UROLOGY POST GRADUATE STUDENTS(M.Ch)
- RITVIJ RAM PATANKAR
UROLOGY OT -3
UROLOGY WARD -5
UROLOGY OP -3
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
Urology OPD : Monday to Saturday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Emergency : Round the clock 24/7
Urology Operation Theatre : Monday to Saturday
Major Cases – 5
Minor Cases – 5-10
All varieties of surgeries are being performed regularly including Uro- Oncology, reconstructive Urology, Endo-Urology, Paediatric Urology and transplant work.
Wednesday – Paediatric Urology
Friday – Onco- Urology
Saturday – Female Urology
TEACHING & TRAINING
- Clinical case discussions on Monday/Tuesday/Friday
- Wednesday and Saturday 1-2PM Teaching Program (Journal Club, Seminars, Case Presentations)
- Every Saturday – Grand Rounds & Symposium
ONGOING RESEARCH WORK
- A study on “MIRABEGRON versus TOLTERODINE in the treatment of OVERACTIVE BLADDER”.
- To assess the levels of serum and 24 hour urine FETUIN-A levels in patients with urolithiasis.
- Preoperative and postoperative comparison of Urodynamic study among the patients undergoing hysterectomy.
- A Study on duration of alpha-blockers usage among the patients with Acute Urinary Retention (AUR).